Saturday, February 13, 2016

Prayer for Death Wishes

Death Wishes

 A wish to die is a form of inner vow. Many who are sexually abused, depressed, or seriously rejected—or who hate themselves or their bodies—end up wishing they could die. Most feel like, and think of themselves as, "losers." Behind every thought of suicide is a death wish. Usually behind every death wish is anger directed toward God for “creating me as I am” or for letting things happen as they did. Some babies come into the world not wanting to be born because of painful in-utero experiences. Individuals commonly make death wishes when they are older. Death wishes open a gate that allows the spirits of death, depression and hopelessness to enter. These dark influences keep the person depressed and entices them to commit suicide. Death wishes usually come from self-hatred. They don’t love themselves. They are attacking themselves spiritually. The Spirit of Infirmity comes in and agrees with them, so they take an assignment from the devil, not from God who created them. They get sick. When you hate yourself, you are calling the living God who loved you a liar. You have declared that He made a mistake in saving you. Then the Devil agrees. He is right there to bless you with the opposite of your Father in heaven’s blessing and that’s where the spirits of death, depression and hopelessness come in. You need to verbally declare: “I shall live and not die to declare the glories of my God in my generation” (Ps 118:17). “For the grave cannot praise thee, death cannot celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth” (Is 38:18). “I am fearfully and wonderfully made” (Ps 139:14-18)


Prayer for Death Wishes 


1. The seeker must confess any death wishes and any desires to commit suicide (or any attempts to do so) as sin and ask for forgiveness. 2. The seeker should renounce any of these thoughts, attempts, or vows, as well. 3. The seeker should also confess and repent of their anger toward God. 4. Sometimes the spirit of death is present and must be cast out. 5. Pray the prayers identified in the section on “Healing Our Image of God.” Also pray the following: Lord, I confess as sin the death wishes I have had and the desires to commit suicide (and any attempts I made at trying to do so). I renounce these in the name of Jesus. I repent for rejecting myself and I give you back any ground I have given to the adversary in this area. I command any dark spirits of death, suicide, or depression to leave, in Jesus’ name. I accept my body and my present life situations and I ask that you reconcile me to myself. Reconcile me to my perfect time and place and position on this earth. I trust you Lord, to lead me in life to fulfill the purpose you have in me, to glorify you. Thank you for rescuing me from myself. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment